Bristol's Badass Burlesque Show
Well, except for these. These are a few rookie mistakes I see a lot of out and about.
1. No fishnets and sequins. You WILL get attached to yourself.
2. If your fringe trim is looped, cut through the loops. This way, you won’t get your heel stuck to your butt when you do floor work
3. Cut that damn tag out of your panties.
4. Be nice or leave. Seriously. You don’t have to be everyone’s best friend. You do have to treat fellow dancers, costumiers, sound techs, and whoever else you encounter in the course of a show, both backstage and on with kindness and respect.
5. This is corny, but be true to yourself. Take advice offered from seasoned pros graciously, they are passing these things on to you because they care about you and they care about Burlesque. But don’t let anyone talk you in to or out of anything that doesn’t feel right.